- Download SBI PO Syllabus 2020
- SBI PO Exam Pattern 2020
- SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
- SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2020
- SBI PO Mains Pattern 2020
- SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2020
- SBI PO GD & Interview Syllabus 2020
- FaQ- SBI PO Syllabus 2020
“SBI PO Syllabus“: The SBI PO syllabus pdf is similar to any other bank exam. There are three major sections in sbi po syllabus 2020 that are required for a candidate to prepare for the preliminary examination.
These are Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
Download SBI PO Syllabus 2020
In this article, we will discuss the entire SBI PO syllabus 2020. Interested candidates can also download the SBI PO Syllabus PDF 2020 for the prelims and mains given here. The SBI PO exam is one of the most demanding exams in the country and millions of candidates appear for the exam every year.
The SBI PO exam is considered a prestigious job opportunity by banking candidates across India. State Bank of India conducts SBI Probationary Officer (PO) examination every year to recruit new entrants for the posts of managerial cadre.
SBI PO syllabus 2020 is very similar to any other bank exam syllabus.
SBI PO Syllabus in three Sections:
- SBI PO Prelims (online written test)
- SBI PO Mains (Online Written Test)
- Group Discussion And Interview
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2020
SBI Probational Officers will recruit individuals based on their performance in written tests, group discussions and personal interviews.
It is also noteworthy that, candidates have to clear the opening round to be eligible to appear for the next round.
Here, the step-wise recruitment process is given below. Further applicants can also know the rules and laws given below. The SBI PO selection process will be done in 3 steps. There are 3 stages,
Group practice and final interview.
Candidates have to clear all the steps to be selected as PO in SBI. The SBI Bank PO syllabus and exam pattern for each stage is given in detail for your reference.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
- SBI PO Prelims is the first stage of the selection process. It consists of 3 sections namely English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Important details of preliminary examination are given below for your reference. Use SBI PO Pre Syllabus 2020 for preparation for Preliminary Examination
- Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude section will have 35 questions each.
- The English language section has 30 questions. Thus the total number of questions in the exam is 100.
- You will get 1 Mark for each correct answer. This is how the examination is conducted for a total of 100 marks.
- At the same time, you will lose 0.25 points for each wrong answer as a penalty. So do not mark the answers by wild guess.
- All section will have a separate time period of 20 minutes. After the end of 20 minutes, the next part will automatically appear. So you cannot change the sections as per your wish.
- There is no sectional cut-off to be selected. But to clear the exam, it is necessary to clear the overall cut off.
Candidates who have passed the prelims examination can appear for the main examination. The prelims exam pattern is given below.
|Sr N0.||Section||No Of Questions||Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning ability||35||35||20 Min|
|2||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 Min|
|3||English language||30||30||20 Min|
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2020
We have said earlier that the SBI PO exam syllabus is similar to the syllabus of any other PSU banks. SBI PO Prelims syllabus mainly consists of three major sections which a candidate needs to ace before moving to the next level ie Mains.
The syllabus of SBI PO Prelims exam has three sections:
Each of these sections has a vast list of topics on which the questions are based.
It is advisable to refer the previous years question papers to give the candidates an understanding of the actual examination and the weightage of each subject.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus – Detailed
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
SBI PO Reasoning Syllabus
SBI PO English Syllabus
Simplification, Profit & Loss
Mixtures & Alligations
Fill in the blanks
Permutation, Combination & Probability
Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
Time & Distance, Number Systems
Multiple Meaning /error spotting
Work & Time, Sequence & Series
Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
SBI PO Mains Pattern 2020
There are 4 sections in SBI PO Mains Examination. They are English language, general awareness, data interpretation and analysis and reasoning ability and computer aptitude. Important details of the main examination are given here in detail for your reference.
All candidates appearing and passing the SBI PO Preliminary Examination are eligible to appear for the SBI PO Mains Examination. Use SBI PO syllabus and exam pattern for main exam preparation.
All the applicants have to check the exam pattern and detailed time details to crack the SBI PO Mains exam.
- A total of 45 questions are asked in Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude section. The maximum marks for this section is 60. Also, the sectional time for this section is 60 minutes.
- The data interpretation and analysis section will consist of 35 questions. The total marks for this section is 60. The time period allotted for this section alone is 45 minutes.
- The General Awareness section consists of 40 questions for 40 marks. For this section, the time limit is 35 minutes.
- There are 35 questions available for 40 marks in English language section.
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers. The penalty for each wrong answer is 1 / 4th of the marks set for the question.
- In addition to these classes, there will be a descriptive examination. After completion of 4 sections, you have to take a descriptive test in computer.
- In this descriptive exam, you have to write the letter and write an essay in 30 minutes. The total marks for the descriptive test is 50.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2020
The SBI PO syllabus for the Mains exam constitutes four major sections (objective type questions):
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
- General / Economy / Banking Awareness
- English language
To check the syllabus of English language section, candidates can also check the common language for competitive examination.
A descriptive exam is also included in the syllabus of SBI PO Mains syllabus. The descriptive test consists of two questions, a letter-writing and an essay.
The candidates are required to pass the descriptive examination as well as pass the SBI PO Mains Examination
Data analysis and interpretation
Coded Blood relation
Sequence & Series
Coded Direction sense
Order and ranking
Permutation, combination & probability
Basic of logic gates
Circle Seating arrangement
Square seating arrangement
Analytical and decision making
Course of action
SBI PO GD & Interview Syllabus 2020
Apart from the SBI PO Prelims and Mains Exam, there is another phase of the PO Exam – the group practice and interview process, which is the final stage of selection for successful candidates who pass the first two stages of the SBI PO Exam.
Candidates can get tips for preparation of SBI PO Descriptive Paper in the linked article.
The candidates explaining all the stages of the examination inform the SBI about the formality of appointment, date of joining, place of joining etc.
FaQ- SBI PO Syllabus 2020
Is the syllabus of SBI PO and IBPS PO same?
Both SBI Pio and ibps.po exam organizes different institutes SBI PO and ibps.po prelims exam is syllabus but mains exam is different.
Is SBI PO exam tough?
The exact difficulty depends on the individual individuality but we can tell this much that you need to work hard to crack sbi.po exam.
Which book is best for SBI PO?
For SBI PO, you can download the list of recommended books by visiting their official website.
What is SBI PO salary?
Initial SBI PO salary Rs. 27,620 / – (Basic Pay) which is after four increments. The pay scale of a probationary officer is 23700-980 / 7-30560-1145 / 2-32850-1310 / 7- 42020.